The residence permit in the Republic of Belarus is a document for identifying a foreign citizen and stateless person in the Republic of Belarus. This permit is given and exchanged by the local migration office where a foreigner is registered.
A mandatory condition of obtaining residence permit is to obtain the permission for permanent stay in the Republic of Belarus. Permission for permanent stay gives to a foreign citizen the right to obtain permanent residence in the Republic of Belarus.
Permission for permanent stay can be issued on the following grounds:
- if a person is a close relative of a citizen of Belarus;
- if a person has refugee status or asylum in the Republic of Belarus;
- if a person lived in the Republic of Belarus for the last seven years continuously (subject to obtaining permission for temporary stay in Belarus);
- if a person had previously the citizenship of the Republic of Belarus;
- if a person is the employee and the specialist, which require organization of the Republic of Belarus;
- if a person possesses exceptional abilities and talent or has outstanding merits to the Republic of Belarus, high achievements in science, technology, culture and sports.
In addition, permission for permanent stay may be issued for a stateless persons residing in Belarus for more than three years provided. However, there is no state that has agreed to accept citizenship, with the exception of stateless persons, who voluntarily renounced citizenship.
The foreign citizen must register in the local migration office not later than three months from the date of the receipt of the permission for permanent stay. An important condition is to reside in the Republic of Belarus only in the indicated place of residence due to the permission for permanent stay.
Lawyers of our company will competently prepare for you all the necessary documents for obtaining the residence permit and permission for permanent stay, documents for migration authorities. They will also accompany you on all the stages.